New Beard E Model in Quilted Maple

6089 reads
Oboe Cadobro's picture

After nine months of waiting, I finally took delivery of my new Beard E model in quilted maple.

This guitar has the hipshot doubleshot tailpiece and fishman nashville pickup installed. To complement the doubleshot, the guitar has a roller nut and locking tuners. The cover plate is a celtic knot design offered by Beard.

It plays as beautifully as it looks, with a warm but sparkling sound that gives plenty of volume and projection. The balance of sound from top to bottom is superb, but the lower notes can be made to growl with little effort. I have it strung with D'Addario EJ42 strings, which in my experience provides the best tone with the Beard Legend cone.

Some of the locals played on the guitar last weekend at a reso workshop put on by Mike Witcher, and all were impressed by the sound as well as the additional gear. I have the tailpiece set for G and D tuning with a quick flip of the lever. It's amazing and fun to go back and forth between tunings to launch into repertoire in G or D, but the constant flexing and stretching accelerates the burn rate and I've been changing strings a couple times a week to keep that fresh sparkling sound...or maybe it's because I'm just playing more now that I have this beast...Laughing

It came with a custom TKL case that is thicker in height than standard to allow room for the extra-height tailpiece. Since my case was the first of its kind, it took two months for TKL to send it to Paul after the guitar was complete....Cry

Price as shown: $4,600.

The strap in a celtic knot design was made by Martin Gross to go with this fine guitar.

ImageImageImageImageImage

User login