time signature question

1873 reads
Ivan R's picture

Hey friends - question for someone with a better understanding of written music than I have (I can write tab and check it with my software's "score checker," and that's about the extent of it).

I'm finally tabbing out "Here this Morning" so I have it available for ResoSummit. I'm running into an issue with measures. I think of the tune as being in 4/4, but when I write it out, a lot of the held notes anticipate the beat and fall right before a new measure should occur. My software doesn't facilitate showing that notes are held into the next measure, and it seems awkward and not quite accurate to put a "dividing line" in those spots. So what I'm looking at now is accurate tab, except that the measures all have twice as many notes as they should.

For the most readable and usable tab, I'm thinking of generally keeping it this way, but trying to adjust either the note durations (make them all half as long?), or I was wondering if there was a time signature that would make my existing tab accurate as-is (if that makes sense). Any ideas as to the best way to have accurate sheet music?

Thanks!

Ivan

http//www.ivanrosenberg.com

User login