2010 IBMA

1807 reads
jr18's picture

Only Jerry could get away with giving the 2010 IBMA best hair awardImage.Image

Comments

jr18's picture

oops ..............here's the imageImage

johnnybub's picture

I was impressed with the introduction of jerry douglas,, stating only a few in the music industry are immediately known by a single name,,Cher, Madonna, & FLUX!!

I was laughing out loud,,

MarkinSonoma's picture

There are few "troupers" on the order of Jerry. He was at this IBMA deal on Thursday evening, then early Friday afternoon he was taking the stage at Hardly Strictly Bluegrass in San Francisco, telling us he had arrived in SF at 4:45 a.m. and he said "I feel great!"

Then he proceeded to play his A$$ off!

daver's picture

MarkinSonoma:
There are few "troupers" on the order of Jerry. He was at this IBMA deal on Thursday evening, then early Friday afternoon he was taking the stage at Hardly Strictly Bluegrass in San Francisco, telling us he had arrived in SF at 4:45 a.m. and he said "I feel great!" Then he proceeded to play his A$$ off!

I think he had the same frenetic schedule a few years back for a JDB show at the Georgia Theatre in Athens (2nd row center seat for me).

Once Bela Fleck wrote Tony Rice after a show:  "You played your a$$ off.  What's it like not having an a$$?" Laughing

Daver

Inveterate Tinkerer

MarkinSonoma's picture

daver:

MarkinSonoma:
There are few "troupers" on the order of Jerry. He was at this IBMA deal on Thursday evening, then early Friday afternoon he was taking the stage at Hardly Strictly Bluegrass in San Francisco, telling us he had arrived in SF at 4:45 a.m. and he said "I feel great!" Then he proceeded to play his A$$ off!

I think he had the same frenetic schedule a few years back for a JDB show at the Georgia Theatre in Athens (2nd row center seat for me).

Once Bela Fleck wrote Tony Rice after a show:  "You played your a$$ off.  What's it like not having an a$$?" Laughing

If you are speaking of getting from Nashville to Athens, not nearly the "frenticism" of getting from Nashville to San Francisco in the middle of the night, but I'm sure it was frenetic nevertheless. I'm fairly certain that Jerry has enough first class upgrades to last him a very long time.

jr18's picture

Ok, I know I stole these but if you're not there how else could I get them;ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

User login