What's your favorite TRC song?

2030 reads
Jim McNab's picture

So I've been delving back to TRC's first CD and I've got to say that even with the new material, my all-time favorite Three Ring Circle song has to be "Moon Over San Bernadino".  It's absolutely mesmerizing!  Andy's chops at the beginning of the song are just wicked and Rob's break at about the 3:06 mark is just so full of yearning and emotion!  I love all their stuff, but I thought it would be interesting to see what favs come to mind for others.  Cheers!

Comments

mtndon's picture

'Made in France'  Cool 

Some where between major and minor.

Jim McNab's picture

I'd be remiss if I didn't mention "Old Age," that's a VERY close second for me.

dobrodoug's picture

"In the Morning" - reminds me of "Old Daingerfield"

paul oddvang's picture

Jim im with you!!!........."Old Age"....

paul oddvang

Bill_from_Michigan's picture

CURRENTLY.............I'd have to say Granola Man. It changes every so often. I need another month of hard listening to come up with a favorite on Brothership.

Jim McNab's picture

Bill I'm with you on that one. I'm nowhere near as familiar with Brothership as I am the debut CD. Having said that, I would say my current favorite on Brothership is "A Day in Bolinas". It just has that certain something in the voicing of the dobro that gets me inspired. Wildflower is a nice departure from the straight instrumental format, but Rob's guitar on "Bolinas" just does it for me.

Bill_from_Michigan's picture

Yeah! "Bolinas" is one of the ones that Rob and Andy have that complimentary rhythm line (if that's what you call it). They're both playing something totally different but it gels so well it gives me goosebumps. I'm still so astounded at how much music comes from these three guys. The more I listen to them, the more I am in awe. I find myself trying to concentrate on an individual instrument to try and figure out how they came up with their part. It's hard! I keep getting swept back into the mix........or switching to one of the other two. Try it sometime. Try to listen to one part exclusively. I can't get through one tune doing that. There's just so much exciting music going on. I can't help but think of these two albums as some of the most ground-breaking acoustic music that will stand the test of time. If I'm still around 30 years from now, I'll be part of conversations with youngsters that ask what it was like to be around when this stuff came out. History in the making, man!

humanx's picture

"A Night in Calgary"

chaddarou's picture

I'm with Don, Made In France! Amazing command of the resonator guitar! Andy's mandolin work is impeccable and as always Byron's bass playing is flawless and tasteful!

dobrodoug's picture

Dave Pomeroy plays bass. :-)

User login