Koa Harper for sale at Smokey Mtn Gtrs

2051 reads
SB's picture

Dobro made by our Benevolent Dictator.  Ad at Smokey Mtn Guitars says it's #14 of 24 total, supposedly owned by Andy Hall.  http://www.smokymountainguitars.com/shop/resonator-guitars.html?start=0  

Comments

Michael Barton's picture

Yup - that was Andy's - herringbone purfling on top and sides. I played that quitar once. I like the price. Hope they get it. Love my Koa Harper.

daver's picture

I got to see that one brand new when I picked up my A013.  Beautiful guitar with killer tone.  Are Andy's licks included in the price? Wink

Daver

Inveterate Tinkerer

Ben Wooten's picture

If its even close to yours Dave , Its got to be really special.

What an awesome guitar !

Ben Wooten

Jan Newsom's picture

Same here Michael, I like the price;~).  Love my Harper Koa too!

Keep on pickin'

Dobrojan

www.myspace.com/dobrojan

KodiakReso's picture

I'm headed up that way next week. I think I'll try this thing out.

Michael Barton's picture

Let us know how it rings Kodiak.

KodiakReso's picture

I just played it. I'm in love. I think I'm going to put my MA6 on the chopping block and see what I can scrounge up. I want this thing bad. I've played a lot of good guitars, four or five l bodies, fishook's, Meredith's, beard etc and this thing blows them all out of the water. My girlfriend who isn't much of a music person walked into the store and said it was an incredible sound. Ill try to post a little video I took later.

MarkinSonoma's picture

Quite the endorsement! Looking foward to the video.

KodiakReso's picture

http://youtu.be/4RHvA0mi-GY

Here's a quick and dirty iPhone video my girlfriend took while I was noodling around on it. I thought she had filmed longer but she only got 45 seconds of my worst playing. The guitar has amazing punch, bass and it also has that certain zing, I'd describe it as a fuzzy twinkling sound. I'm not sure how else to describe it but it's the kind that you feel in the pit of your stomach. It's as close to the sound I hear in my head as any guitar I've ever played has gotten. I'm really torn on whether to try and sell my Beard or Fishook or maybe my motorcycle to try and get it. GAS sucks sometimes.

Jan Newsom's picture

I know the feeling, my Koa Harper #9 has that 'special' sound and almost plays itself.  I say buy it!

User login