What strings?

1898 reads
George Laker's picture

I watched this clip of Jerry and noticed his strings look like they are not Bronze. Any ideas what he is using, or is it an optical illusion?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7cO9PyAMis

Comments

MarkinSonoma's picture

I think they are the normal bronze. TV studio set, really bright lights and they seem to take on a different hue as he moves the guitar around from the light reflecting on them.

With Jerry being a member of The Whites back in the '80s, and having watched this one a few times in the past, I get a kick out of ol' Buck White when the camera is on him, he has a look like, "that's my boy!"

Dave Falk's picture

D'Addario EJ42's

Bob Richards's picture

They look just like the EJ 42s on my Beard, but must be something else, cause they sure don't sound the same!

daver's picture

Bob Richards:

They look just like the EJ 42s on my Beard, but must be something else, cause they sure don't sound the same!

Wow, Bob, we share the same expreience with strings.  D'addario, GHS, Dunlop, Martin, Beard, Pearse and I still don't sound like Jerry Douglas! Tongue out

Daver

Inveterate Tinkerer

Bob Richards's picture

Maybe it's the picks, or the slide, or the capo, or the strap, the case or the humidity, or that little screw in the middle!  Must be SOMETHING!!!  Sealed

Pretty sure he uses exp 42s

steve

Oboe Cadobro's picture

I don't know about the strings, but I do know he's put on a few pounds! Look at those shirt buttons...Tongue out

SB's picture

The camera always makes y ou appear 20 lbs heavier.Cool

hlpdobro's picture

Jerry uses EJ42's.

h

Howard Parker

hlpdobro "at" gmail.com

Bob Richards's picture

Oboe Cadobro:

I don't know about the strings, but I do know he's put on a few pounds! Look at those shirt buttons...Tongue out

Well, as one who also stresses the buttons, and not happy with comment and the "emoticon",  may I suggest you go capo yourself!!!

User login